It was Apple day at the Fedex office

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinatech.com, Jul 14, 2010.

1. brinatech.com macrumors member

I went to pickup my iPhone 4 at the local Fedex office. To my suprise, or I guess I should'nt have been suprised, there was a long line of people, about 10. 9 out of the 10 were their to pickup either an iPhone 4 or iPad. And Apple has special instructions to only release the phone to the person that is on the ship to label, and you had to have a government issued id with a photo. A husband was there to pickup his wife's iPhone 4, and they told him no. His wife had to be present. It was funny, he was on the phone with Apple support bitching having to go pickup his wife and come back, and Apple actually gave him a $60 Apple gift card :eek:

Well, I think Apple is taking over the world, or at least the Fedex office :)

2. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

3. ZipZap macrumors 603

I thought this was about all of the Fedex drivers showing off their stolen iphones.

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

That's standard procedure. You can authorize other people to pick up for you, but otherwise they can't release packages to people who are not on the shipping label. Ok- I should say they "are not supposed to" I'm sure it does happen here and there.

5. nwcs macrumors 68000

nwcs

The delivered mine on Monday. :) So no long line for me.

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

At a FedEx store? All asking for Apple products? I'd say so.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

At a fedex facility for package pickup? Definitely so in my experience.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

That's what I thought too...thread doesn't deliver. :(

9. DavidMc macrumors member

My wife was able to pick up mine after I missed the driver by 30 mins and sat at home waiting to hear back if they got the driver to come back and try another delivery. I signed, scanned, and emailed her the door tag. Maybe my 3 year old son who was with her and excited to be picking up Daddy's new phone melted their hearts... or maybe they just didn't care as long as the ID address matched. Either way, no issue here with someone other then the name on the shipping label picking up the package.

10. brinatech.com thread starter macrumors member

Yes, it was Fedex distribution center. It was surreal experience, it was almost like camping out at an Apple store, but only 10 mins of camping out :D

11. 03sho macrumors 6502a

I bet all the employees are sick of the work "iPhone" lol