It was just a matter of time!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chiny, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Chiny macrumors 6502

Well finally got the push from AT&T, making me change my plan to a tether plan. Fifty bucks for a 5 gb tethering plan. Never exceeded 2gb's using MyWi. What kills is I'm not under any contract and I checked Sprint and they're even worst in price when you add up everything. Plus I think I would miss surfing and talking the AT&T which for me is hugh. So believe it or not they will eventually get to you. Know my bill is going to be freaking outrageous and it's just me one. Well I'm finished venting. Peace!:rolleyes:

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

3. wpotere Guest

Ummm, did you read the post? He said MyWi.

As for the OP, it sucks getting caught violating the TOS but that is the way it is.

4. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya it does, but I've doing it for yrs now so no bigy

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

My bad. I missed that.

6. wpotere Guest

Sorry to you both, that post came across a little cranky. :eek:

I have used MyWi in the past, but I knew it would only be a matter of time before AT&T caught up with us. I stopped doing it last year but I do feel you pain on it. It kind of sucks...

7. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

It does, but I mean I never exceed 2.5gb because I mostly use it for my iPad & regardless it's still cheaper than a plan on an ipad

8. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

How did they force you? Threaten to term your service? I'm currently using the same combo of iPhone and iPad tethered via MyWi.

9. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not currently under contract still have 3GS, so have a choice, but I m going to downgrade my talk plan and live with the new data plan. Trying to keep cost down. If you keep it up they will eventually get to you I was doing it for 3yrs so they really can tell when your doing they check every few months.

10. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

were you previously on an unlimited data plan?

i was under the impression that if your plan was changed, one could still reduce to the 3gb plan without tethering (since it doesnt seem you need more than 3 gb's) and tether with cydia apps

I'm surprised if they pushed you to a tethering plan if you were already on a capped plan

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I also dont understand how they pushed/forced you?
    Did they threaten to close your account?

12. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, contract or no contract. If you don't have that tether added they move you. I was on the unlimited plan sence the iPhone first came out in 2007.

----------

No threats, as I said I'm not under contract so I have a choose, if your under contract you kinda don't, you either downgrade to the tether plans or pay to leave. It is pretty much that simple.

13. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Fair enough makes more sense that they booted you off unlimited. You should be able to downgrade your plan on AT&T.com to the 3 gb one and continue tethering with cydia apps. Short of canceling your service I don't see what else they could do