It will be a madhouse this weekend at Apple Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DVNIEL, Sep 12, 2007.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

...if Steve Jobs lets the cage open on how customers will receive their $100 coupon. Knowing Steve Jobs and his ways of waiting to the last day as promised (i.e - "shipping in June" meaning June 29th), he'll probably announce it on Friday. Which leaves for every single customer who purchased one, even ones from AT&T, to dash to the stores the next day, IF Jobs lets customers receive their coupon in-store.

I was one of the people who gladly paid the $599 for an 8GB, but I was going to pick up a brand new iMac this weekend, and I was hoping to do it in peace. I'm sure that the line will be long with people buying up the damn store with their measily $100 credit.

What kind of system do you think Apple is creating for this? I think the reason this is taking long is because Apple is probably writing the POS script to include adding iPhone serial numbers to the database, to mark who has received their coupon. Cause I can guarantee, there will be those that will try to show their receipt at a different store to try to scheme another coupon out of them.

Maybe I should just wait till next to get my iMac... what do you think?

PS - My bets are on that we have to mail in a copy of our original receipt and well get mailed back a Gift Card

2. Twinkie macrumors regular

Poor baby. :rolleyes:

Why not buy your precious iMac online, and forego the $100 credit?

3. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

I agree with foregoing the credit (you'll find something else by) but why buy it on line when you can go to the store and get it immediately???

4. DVNIEL thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Hahaha thats right I'm a poor baby!

I like to buy my items in person and in cash. I'm about to buy a house and I would like to keep my cards untouched by any means necessary.

5. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

...the stores will not be crowded with people just becuase of the $100 coupon. relax.

6. Twinkie macrumors regular

To avoid the throngs of iPhone customers who have the audacity to come in to an Apple Store when they should know that Villanova wants the most zen-like shopping experience possible.

So what's your complaint, exactly?

You're rolling in so much cash that $100 is a mere pittance, yet your credit will take a massive hit if you tack the price of an iMac on one of your cards?

There's always debit cards, or just, you know, waiting in line like a normal human being.

7. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

lol

i think steve is going to wait till all of you forget about the 100 bucks........it's not that serious all that really going to save you is some tax...100 is not a lot of money.... unless your poor then I:p guess it is alot and in that case if you are poor you wouldn't need an imac......whoop whoop:eek:

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Man everyone is cranky today. The man just wants to shop in peace without feeling like he's in a Walmart ... *shudders*

I understand villanova329.

9. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Maybe I missed it, but where did Steve say that the credit had to be redeemed this week? All I remember him saying is that the plans for the $100 credit will be disclosed this week. Also, he specifically said that this credit was only for those who have not been otherwise compensated, so there's no worry about people going from one store to the other trying to get as many $100 credits as possible.

Actually, I don't understand the OP's mentality - the user community is one of the reasons I switched to the Mac. Most everyone is pretty nice, but some people .....

Actually, I'll be one of those iPhone owners in line to redeem my credit, for iWork '08! I certainly don't think either Apple or AT&T owed my anything, but I'll take the credit all the same. Thanks Apple !!!

HawaiiMacAddict

10. aristobrat macrumors G5

Go buy your iMac now and use your $100 towards the Leopard OS X 10.5 upgrade.

11. Twinkie macrumors regular

That would be at least somewhat rational, if Apple Stores weren't located in massive shopping malls, and major shopping districts.

Or if (cover your ears, my beloved MBP, PowerMac, iPhone, AppleTV, AEBS, and iPod family) Apple products weren't mass produced consumer electronics that are actually available at WalMart.

But whining about an Apple Store being busy on any given weekend is asinine.

12. ps49556n macrumors regular

I know how you feel about Apple stores being packed this weekend but it is really nothing new. The fifth ave store is packed every DAY....the only time there are no lines is in the early AM hours (3 AM). I have no idea how they will hand out the gift cards but I can speculate that it will involve showing your receipt indicating the full price was paid. Register employee enters serial in computer and gives gift card. Now in the database there is an indication that the customer has received the gift card. How else can they do this in-store without causing massive lines/waiting??

The only thing I can think of is making it only possible to file for the $100 through Apple.com. After registering, etc...the customer could go into an apple store with a confirmation number or just have it mailed.

13. lakerholic macrumors newbie

Do you feel good about yourself, Twinkie? You know, being able to judge others through the anonymity afforded to you by the Internet?

Loser.

14. whistler72 macrumors member

15. Twinkie macrumors regular

Please tell me you're trying to be ironic.

16. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

i am eagerly waiting the gift card as well. i planned on taking advantage of the student laptop/ipod special which ends this weekend. i have no need to spend another $100 other than for this purchase. they've gotten enough of my hard over the last 6 years, i don't want to buy anything else for a while.

17. aristobrat macrumors G5

Not even the new OS that's coming out? It'd KILL me to be reading about it for the next six months and not have it. :D