iTablet or iNetbook, but when ???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by igmolinav, Jun 6, 2009.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

It is a while since the last time I logged in. At that time there were some rumors circulating about a possible iTablet or iNetbook. Are any of these
    due anytime soon ??

Thank you for your comments, I'll be more than excited to hear what
    news you've got : ) !!!

Thank you very much, kind regards,

igmolinav.

2. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

So far they are just rumors, and there has not been any set release date. :)

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Maybe 2010 as some rumors have speculated. I'm more thinking about 2011 or 2012 when 10.7 may come.

4. MTI macrumors 65816

5. SpitzerCR macrumors regular

I would LOVE a tablet at a reasonable cost for on the go paperwork at work...

6. friareunuch macrumors member

best guess

here's my best guess for the iPad/tablet/whatever:

8-10 inch media device, ipod touch/OSX hybrid OS, all screen, with multiple language keyboard layouts, video chat capable, subsidized by verizon/att/whoever. maybe a $900 device that retails for $500 with a 2-year contract. If nothing else, they'd wipe Kindles off the face of the earth (and those fall in the same price range, roughly).

We've heard some pretty definitive comments from Apple stating that they ARE working on a midsize device. As we saw with the ipods, Apple like to create a new market, then corner it. I think the iphone has already catapulted them in that direction with mobile touch, web-savvy devices, but they won't rest on their laurels. The size would make it gaming-, video-conferencing-, and maybe even graphic-design-viable. The video conferencing might actually be the biggest draw at first, before its app store takes off.

Apple *did* apply for a scifi-esque patent a few years ago where an LCD/LED panel acts as a video capable camera capturing whatever is in front of it. I highly doubt its release viability for 2009, but it's coming at some point. Add to that the carbon nano-fiber casing patent, and we're talking about some seriously space-age toys.

7. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi,

Thank you for your answers : ) !!!

It is a shame that it is not anytime soon !!!

Very kind regards,

igmolinav