Italian kind of Pystar

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by sinser, Nov 21, 2008.

1. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

http://www.applepc.tk/

Click on "Think more different". Ok, it's italian but I think it's clear what they are selling. Looks like they will be in big troubles...

2. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I don't think it will be as easy for Apple this time.

3. nplima macrumors 6502a

It's "Psystar"

Well, I have a basic understanding of italian and this language they use here is more careful than what the folks at Psystar use.
    the italian company sells "Mac Pro PC" (tower) and an Atom based netbook called "Mac Book PC".
    They claim to be compatible with OSX86 at a lower cost than Apple's offering. they don't mention who gets the software in the computer, they don't say it's a Mac. Nope. Just a PC with components carefully chosen to be able to run OSX86.

4. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

I'm italian, so I know what's written there, and maybe they have been more careful in choosing not to bundle OS X. But....I don't think one can sell a computer with an Apple logo on it and call it Mac Pro.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Is Italy that lax on trademarks that the company can be named Apple and sell Macs use Apple Inc. logos and a white box PC and get away with it. :confused:

But I guess that gets away with EULA infringement by running it on a machine with an Apple logo on it.

6. nplima macrumors 6502a

That's why they call it "MAC Pro PC" and they put on a golden apple as a logo. We'll see what the judge says about that...

7. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Could Apple file a lawsuit for an Italian company offering clones in the US?

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If they are operating in the US, then yes.