iTalk and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ColinC21, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ColinC21 macrumors newbie

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

3. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Yeah, I had better doubt about that.:rolleyes: Everyone would have rushed out and bought this, but they obviously didn't, so...no it doesn't work.

4. live4mark macrumors member

Rumored App for iPod Touch to enable VOIP conversations

I bumped this thread because I overheard a fellow technology junkie (and iPhone owner) talking about an app that he said was imminent in the iTunes App store that would enable the iPod Touch to make phone calls over wireless networks via the internet (akin to VOIP).

Has anyone heard any similar-type info regarding such an application? Is this merely an unsubstantiated, rampant rumor, or does this story have legs to it?

As for the more technologically gifted, how (if at all) is the iPod Touch equipped to access such an application and enable it to be used as a phone?:eek::confused:

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

it can't be done (yet) without hacking the iPod.

6. live4mark macrumors member

^^ thanks for the reply, tuffluffjimmy ... however, does your use of the qualifier, (yet), indicate that a legitimate means of using the iPod Touch as a phone is on the horizon as an officially sanctioned app in the iTunes Store?

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It means that apple doesn't allow any third party apps to take control of extra accessories like a microphone. But maybe in the future (no one knows if ever) you'll be able to use extra pieces.