iTavli - Three backgammon like games

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Vasilis, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Vasilis macrumors regular

Vasilis

Hi everyone,
    I am really excited to announce my new application, "iTavli - Three backgammon like games", which is a board game. If you are familiar with the backgammon game, you will love the other two games: blockgammon (or plakoto) and narde (or fevga).

The difference between these two games and the backgammon game, is that in the blockgammon game you block your opponent's single checker when you land on it, and in the narde game you can land your checkers in open or friendly occupied places.

This app runs on iPhone and on iPad!!

The backgammon game is free of charge, but you need to buy the other two games, which cost $0.99 each. You buy these games within the app, by simple clicking on the button that says plakoto (this is the blockgammon game), and fevga (this is the narde game).

You may find more information at the site of AppStore. You may visit the site iTavli for some info on how to play these games.

Do not hesitate to ask me any question about these three games, and I am looking forward to your comments/suggestions.

2. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 1.01 was submitted to Apple for review. You can visit the site video to watch a video of the new version. The main feature of this new version are enhanced graphics and animations

3. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

It is very likely that you may see the message of a "Possible bug". This message may appear when you set the speed for the chip animation to a large value. This problem is fixed in the next version, 1.1

4. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 1.1 is submitted to Apple for review. This new version provides exciting features such as realistic sounds and the ability to undo your last move. In addition to having all the reported bugs fixed, this new version has new and more realistic graphics. Finally, there is a better A.I.

You may see a video of this new version at iTavli
    If you would like to see new features, please do not hesitate to contact me.

5. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 1.1 (or better 1.11) is ready for download.

I hope you like it, and I am looking forward to your comments.

6. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 1.20 was submitted to Apple for review. This version has some really nice features:

Minor bugs fixed
    Three different options for rolling the dice:
    1) Auto-roll
    2) Shake the device to roll
    3) Tap anywhere on the screen to roll
    Statistics
    Save the name of the player
    Select and Save the colour of the chips for the player and the opponent
    The A.I. for the games Portes and Plakoto was been improved
    Minor bugs fixed

Enjoy the game

7. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 2.0 was submitted to Apple for review.

This version offers the capability for online game. Please visit the website to view a video with instructions to configure the application and start a game.

Also, several bugs have been fixed, among which the problem with the fevga game in tournament mode.

8. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 2.0 is available for download.

Enjoy the game

9. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 2.1 is ready to download. This version allows the players to chat during an online game.

10. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 2.3 is out. This version has some really nice graphics (with a summer like flavor), and some critical bugs were fixed!

11. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 2.7 was submitted to Apple for review
    New features:

1) Online Statistics. The statistics are updated every day.
    2) Now, you are informed when your online opponent is offline and back online
    3) Two layouts tow set up the board: left and right. The left layout is the default one
    4) You can cancel your choice to quit a local game.
    5) Improved A.I. for the "Portes" and "Fevga" games

12. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

13. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Since the online statistics have become available, some players have decided to quit or abandon a game than to lose it.
    Starting with today, if a player quits or abandons (his/her opponent is forced to quit the game) a game, then that player will lose the game.

In order to help those players who are on a slow network, the available time to make a move is increased from 50sec to 100sec

14. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

iTavli 2.8 is out

All users can play the extra games without purchasing them!!
    During this trial period the user can choose to play any of the three games either locally or remotely (online or bluetooth).
    Once this period expires, the user will have to purchase the games to continue playing them

Extra Features:
    - Better A.I for the plakoto (or blockgammon) game,
    - Minor bugs were fixed,
    - As it was requested, when you save the settings you will receive a warning if your name is not unique.

15. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that the web version of the iTavli application is ready. The link is at iTavli Web Version (beta)

This web version runs on any browser that supports javascript. Since this is not a flash game, the iTavli Web Version will run on any pc, and any tablet!!

Missing Features (which will be added in the next couple of weeks):
    - Be invited by someone who has an iPhone/iPad device or the web version
    - Change your settings (i.e., alias, chip color)
    - Statistics

Since this is a beta version their might be some bugs. We kindly ask you for your feedback to have them fixed as soon as possible!!

Enjoy the game

16. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Starting with today (12/16/2013) those of you who would like to test the extra games can enable the "trial period" feature and enjoy these games for a whole month!!!

The above promotion applies to ALL players!! Namely, players who had enabled the "trial period" in the past (and it has expired) or players who enabled it a couple of days ago and it is still valid.

So, click on one of the extra games, and you will immediately receive the promotion. You may see a message informing you about the expiration day. If you do not see that message, the promotion will expire a month after you played one of the extra game.

Happy gaming!

17. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

18. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

iTavli iOS v3.1 is ready for download

New features:
    A totally new summer like design

Each player has an avatar, and you can change it from the Settings

Integration with Facebook, you can use the avatar you have on your Facebook account

A new interface when you play a game ( The “Roll” button is missing, and instead you need to tap on a player’s avatar to roll the dice)

When you win an online game, you can post your victory to your Facebook account. If you do that, you will be rewarded 10 coins.

A new pointing system for the online statistics. When you start an online game, you see how many points you will win or lose. These points are doubled if you win or lose a double game.

You can resign an online game, and start a new one or quit to the main menu (Your opponent has to accept your request).

Finally, The trial period is over, but you can play ALL games for FREE, with ads

19. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

iTavli iOS version 3.2 is ready for download

New Features:

By default, all games are free of charge, but with ads. If you wish to purchase any of the extra games (i.e., the Plakoto (or blockgammon) and the Fevga (or narde) game), you need to go to the Settings screen, and disable the extra games feature.

Upon request: Add a search engine in the online statistics.

Upon request: Display your Points for the online game.

The online players can see the avatar of the other player

20. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

I am really excite to inform you that version 3.3 is ready for download.

New features:

- Invite your Facebook friends to play iTavli!
    - Fix the bug in the iPhone5 with the chat

Please, note that your Facebook friend need to have the Facebook application installed on an iPhone or iPad device.

You may find instructions on how to invite your Facebook friend at Facebook - iTavli

21. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Dear all, I am pleased to inform you that version 3.4 is ready for download

New features:

- Sorts alphabetically your online Facebook friends
    - Search for your Facebook friends
    - Minor changes in the UI

Since we have integrated the Android version with the Facebook, you can invite any of your Facebook friends to play a iTavli game. The only requirement is that your friend has installed the Facebook application

22. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Dear all, I am pleased to inform you that version 3.5 is ready for download

New features:

- A new A.I. for the games Portes (Backgammon) and Plakoto (Blockgammon)
    - Minor changes in the UI

23. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Dear all I am pleased to inform you that version 3.6 is ready for download

With this version you can watch previous games played either by you or by either players.
    The online statistics are grouped by month and year, and
    the A.I. is improved

Thank you

24. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Dear all,

version 3.7 is ready for download. This version has a new interface and a surprise for you. More about this in September.

Thank you

25. Vasilis thread starter macrumors regular

Vasilis

Version 3.8 is out and it has 7 more games

- Gul bara
    - Acey Deucey (American)
    - Acey Deucey (European)
    - Nackgammon
    - Tawla 31
    - Gioul
    - Moultezim

Enjoy the game