Itching for Android on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Mac.World, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

For $2.99 you can download Honeypad for iPad in Cydia and have Android fun on your iPad. Have only played with it for a few minutes, but it scratches my Android itch, to go with my WebOS fix on my Touchpad.

Please no flaming about why you would want to put Android on your iPad. Some people like to play with all the OS's. Thanks.

2. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

Does it works like a real android device or only transforms the look and icons?:confused:

3. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

Just a theme, well a couple of android themed apps as well, but definitely not android

4. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

it's just a theme, not as it it was an emulator that would let you actually run apps. kinda pointless imo...sorta like looking at pictures of food instead of getting to taste it. ;)

5. megsandbytes macrumors member

what's the point really, unless it was a genuine way to dual boot or something?

6. vince1979 macrumors newbie

It's just a theme and requires a lot of setup in order to get it right.....not my cup of tea as I like the simple layout of IOS.

7. Bob Maxey macrumors member

It changes the look, adds icons, wallpapers, and so forth. It also behaves like it's Android counterpart. It allows you a fair amount of customization and you can use widgets. It is not a port of the Android OS.

ALSO, it is a DreamBoard theme not a theme as most people have come to understand themes. So you need to download DreamBoard from Cydia as well.

8. Bob Maxey macrumors member

I tend to agree. Personally, I can't see any reason to have Android installed along with iOS. Not sure there is a reason except to be the first and achieve something that some folks would fine useful. Or if you can't live without a particular Android application.

I do like the theme, however.