iTeleport 60% off

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by mrkjsn, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

This is one of my favorite apps as it allows me to work out of my iPad by simply giving me the ability to remote to my Mac that remotes a workstation in my company. The app is currently on sale for 60% off. I've tried multiple remote applications and this is by far the best.

2. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Normally $19.99 selling for 9.99 nice. just in time to support the iPads retina update!

Thanks for the heads up. Been looking for an alternative to logmein lately.

3. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

Does anybody know if the Mac version requires system administrator password to install? I would want to use my work computer to access my Mac at home (not the other way around). I can put apps on my desktop in work but not install them as I don't know the password.

4. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

I think that depends on how your work has your security setup. If it's anything like my work, the security is password protected.

5. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

I mean do you just drag an app from the installer disc or does it require a proper installation (ie from a .mpgk file)?

6. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

Honestly, it's been a while since I loaded the software on my Mac. The link below has the doanloadable file and instructions though. Mi suppose you could download the host application since that part is free and see if it will install completely on your work comp.

http://www.iteleportmobile.com/support/connect/mac

7. stevelam macrumors 65816

how does it compare to logmein in performance?

8. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

It's been a while since I used logmein but if their interface is anything like before, I prefer iTeleport, which seemed to have more controls, including touch screen mode. Again, it's been a while since I used logmein, but at the time, iTeleport seemed faster to me.

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I dont think this app cant beat logmein which is free. I use it daily and loving it.

10. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Funny you should ask, logmein for Mac just updated and I'm grandfathered to the old "ignition" app so I'm using the pro version which has HD settings and sound now.

Iteleport refresh was good but not great compared to logmein pro with the hd setting. The mouse gesture while better than splashtop remote isn't as good as logmein IMO.

Between the two I'd choose logmein pro because of the hd option.

Between regular logmein compared to iteleport they were pretty much the same refresh rate, aside from me preferring logmeins mouse gestures they are pretty much the same IMO.

11. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I agree, I use it on a regular basis. I actually bought iTeleport and Jaduu RDP at the same time. I had to have the RDP one at one time to run my PRO machine, but iTeleport does them all now.

Great app, I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

I am also pretty sure they both cost much more than $20 each when I bought them, but not 100% sure...so this is a great deal.