Item not available

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PegM4, Sep 23, 2013.

1. PegM4 macrumors newbie

I just updated to IOs 7 day before yesterday. It has worked fine until this afternoon when I started getting the following message.

"Item not available
    The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store"

Most of what I find when searching for this message is in relation to iTunes, but I haven't used iTunes or requested anything. I don't listen to music on my iPad mini. It, so far, has only happened when I play some of my card games, but it is every few seconds and when I click to close it, it always throws up an ad that I have to close. I can then continue my game, but a few seconds later, it pops up again. At other times, it will go a minute or two, but doesn't quit.

The games aren't new so I am assuming it is the IOs 7 causing the problem, but not sure.

I have tried turning my iPad mini completely off then back on, but it still pops up. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
    Peg

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Try a hard reset, rather than just turning the iPad off then back on.

Hold down the wake/sleep and the home buttons simultaneously, and keep pressing them until the Apple logo appears on the black screen. It may take ten or 15 seconds to restart, so don't think you've broken anything.

The reset (reboot) cures lots of cobwebs. The only other thing I can think of is that the card game app you're using is the source of the problem.

3. PegM4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

Thank you, the hard reset fixed it.

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Glad it worked out for you. Always nice to have something simple fix what appears to be major.