Item Processing No Pending Charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bertie343, Sep 10, 2016.

1. bertie343 macrumors member

I signed up for the AUP when preordering, got approved, have my loan account set up at Citizens One, etc.

However, on the order status page, two of my three phones I preordered are preparing for shipment, while the third phone only says Item Processing. I wouldn't worry over that, except for the fact that checking my credit card, where it previously showed two pending charges from Citizens One, I have no pending charges and no billed charges from Apple (other two phones ordered on two different CCs both have the charges).

Should I contact Apple, hold tight? I'm concerned about a two phones per Apple ID limit that is keeping Apple from allowing me to purchase my phone.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Give it a tiny bit of time, then call Apple. Maybe there's a policy of only one or two items per person/family. They've done that before on launch days, though perhaps not on the upgrade program. Never hurts to call.

3. Zenithal Suspended

Depending on your bank, it would either mean the charges were reversed or they went through but haven't officially posted from pending to complete. Wait 24 hours and check again. Or call your bank. As they would be able to track what happened.

4. bertie343, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

bertie343 thread starter macrumors member

I'm kind of surprised if there was a limit, that it did the hard credit pull, set up my loan with Citizen's One, and I've received no notification of any "issues".

I did earlier get the "we have an iPhone reserved for you" on the line I am having the problem with, but I then was on another Apple ID with another device and purchased this phone for it instead.

As for my bank, I've never had a charge disappear between pending and successful (for datapoints for others, this was a Citi credit card) so that's why I'm curious as to what happened (especially with no Apple charge ever showing, only two charges from Citizens One)

UPDATE: I chatted with someone online and they informed me the card is not charged until the order prepares for shipping and they believed that since the line in question also had a reservation associated with it, the order status won't update until the reservation time expires.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris