items list - boring favor to ask, sry.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Feyerabend, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Feyerabend macrumors newbie

Hello all! This is not going to be an exciting thing, but I need help with this. I need an exact items list of what is included in the package of a brand new

a) iPhone 16 Gb

b) MBP 2,5 Ghz Penryn.

Especially small parts and CDs/DVDs/software etc. are important. Again: not interesting, but would help me big time.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

IF you go to the US Apple store and look at the listings for the items you mentioned, both have a section on the item page that describe what you're looking for. It says "What's in the box" and then lists those things.

Briefly:

iPhone 16GB
    • Stereo Headset
    • Dock
    • USB Power Adapter
    • Dock Connector to USB Cable
    • Documentation
    • Cleaning/Polishing cloth

2.5 GHz MBP
    • 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
    • Lithium-polymer battery
    • DVI to VGA adapter
    • Install/restore DVDs
    • Display cleaning cloth
    • Printed and electronic documentation

3. Feyerabend thread starter macrumors newbie

If you don't want to help, then please resist posting meaningless replies.

Thanks, but what software comes with it exactly? Leopard, ok, but isn't iLife '08 part of the package, too?

4. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

What was meaningless about telling you where to look? All the information you need is on the apple website.

It mentions all this information on the apple website, i just checked but i'm too lazy to copy paste the info here. It seems your laziness rubs off on others :)

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If you look at the Apple site, where both MacHipster and I referred you, you can see exactly what's included. We're helping you help yourself, but you don't seem willing to look.

You asked what comes in the box, so I told you.
    As for software, the MBP comes with a OS X Leopard install disc that is specific to the MBP, which is preinstalled on the computer. Disc 2 will contain the iLife '08 suite, Front Row, and Photo Booth, and all of these are also preinstalled on the computer. Please see the listings on the Apple online store, as all this information is direct from the site.

6. Feyerabend thread starter macrumors newbie

This has absolutely nothing to do with laziness. Companies tend not to include every small part which I declared to be especially interested in. I'm neither lazy nor dumb not to go to apple.com myself. What I asked for was information which doesn't come from such obvious and very less detailed overviews...

7. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Well maybe you could have made things clearer by going to the website and listing in your post what you knew it came with. Then you could ask if there is anything else you get that isn't listed on the website or the list you just mentioned.

This would show that you aren't lazy and you've actually done some homework.

Anyway inside the box there is generally packing foam, that isn't listed on the website. Also the MBP is encased in a white little bag thing to keep it safe from scratches plus it has a thin piece of plastic on the keyboard to protect the screen from scratches too.

Hope that helps :)

8. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Stickers.

9. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Let's see what's faster:

1) Going to http://www.apple.com where all the information you asked for is listed in detail.

Or

2) -Signing up to Macrumors
    -Logging into your email to verify account
    -Signing into Macrumors
    -Posting thread
    -Waiting for response

I apologize if my response didn't spoonfeed the answer to you, but it did give you the source to the answers you seek. Initiative is your friend.

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

which is actually the most important part
    i<3:apple: stickers

11. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I didn't get no bloody stickers! Where do i send a harsh worded letter of complaint? Hmmm... maybe i should post a topic on this forum asking someone to tell me where i should send the letter! Also maybe i should post another topic asking which word processor i should use for this letter!

Then again, maybe my stickers will come next tuesday :D

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

sjobs@apple.com

:p

13. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

Have you checked the "sleeves/pouches" which hold the instruction manuals, they're usually there and missed, along with the cleaning cloth. I always check it though, because that's where I leave the receipt.

14. Feyerabend thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all. I compiled my list and I am done with this now. It had to be precise because of it's insurance related.

Btw.: I had no intention of trolling nor did I do it.

15. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Is your insurance covering the stickers?

16. David G. macrumors 65816

They better be.

17. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I wrote my strong worded email and he wrote back

Dear TBi,

<EXPLETIVE REMOVED> OFF AND GET A <EXPLETIVE REMOVED> LIFE!

Regards,
    Steve

(Please note that this isn't an exact copy-paste of the original e-mail (which may or may not actually exist))

Insurance related? Since when did insurance care about what was in the box? When my brother said he had his laptop stolen they just gave him the money to buy a replacement, they didn't care that he had everything else bar the power supply...

18. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Guys! Don't forget the cardboard box that it came in, that might retail for what? .05 cents? I hope you get a very good insurance policy.

oh yea, theres usually little tiny pieces of paper in the corners of the box. and a couple plastic bags that the plug things come in.

19. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Actually there are quite a few people make quite a bit of money selling empty Apple product boxes online. I know it sounds mental but I've seen empty MacBook cases go for $10 or something along those lines... I mean okay the postage just about negates the profit, but its insanity!

20. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Don't forget the white twist-ties around the cables. And the little plastic cap on the end of the MagSafe connector (mine was lost less than ten minutes after opening the box).

21. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Yea, my dog ate mine. Not something you want to clean up afterwards.

$10 for a case? Thats crazy. So if you don't claim that on your taxes, is that fraud? :p

22. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

I still have that. I blow into it before putting it on the connector to make sure there's no evil dust or ' particles' going on the connector and hence into the computer :p

23. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

If the included item isn't listed on the Apple website I doubt you would need to include it in insurance documents because it would be of no real value. What kind of insurance related thing are you doing to need such list?