Items stuck under MBP screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sylvryn, Aug 21, 2009.

1. sylvryn macrumors newbie

I bought a MBP early last year (15' glossy, if it makes any difference), as I was going into an art program (for computer illustration) at my local state university. Everything worked (and still works) great, save for the issue of some things getting stuck underneath my laptop's screen. I suspected it was this and not a few dead pixels, because frankly, it took the appearance of a flake of skin and a few specks of dust. After being transported within a car, the large flake moved down a few centimeters and rotated ninety degrees counter-clockwise, seemingly confirming my suspicions.

Despite not really altering the appearance, it's still darn annoying to look at! I've found a few threads online where people have gotten animal or human hair underneath their MBP's screen, but nothing where it's been successfully removed.

My question is, is there any way a college student with no advanced tools can remove these specks without voiding her mac's warranty? Or should I just go to an apple store and ask them if they can clean my mac for me?

Thanks! :)

2. pnyc macrumors 6502