Items that were in the Context menu aren't there now. Make them come back?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nobodyhome, Apr 11, 2012.

1. nobodyhome, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

nobodyhome macrumors member

Apparently I really screwed up. I thought it would help my computer by running CCleaner which somebody had recommended to me and now I regret it.

I don't know what else got messed up in the process, but right off the bat I noticed my context menu had changed. Before options like "Extract in iPack..." or creating a new email with selected file as an attachment or other application's services/options showed up without having to go into the Services side menu(??? I don't know all the proper terms...). Now it's just a basic list like when I first bought my computer without those applications' options in the context menu.

How can I get those options that were once at the bottom of my context menu out from the Services and back to where they once were?

Is that even possible?

How badly did I screw up my computer? I've been having trouble with it since I updated to Lion, would reinstalling my OS help?

EDIT: Added a visual in case I couldn't describe it properly....

Attached Files:

2. iforbes macrumors 6502

3. nobodyhome thread starter macrumors member

My computer is driving me bonkers... I spent almost the past 24 hours (my hard drive is huge) restoring from a Time Machine backup to before I ran CCleaner. Somehow what ever I deleted was restored.

I will keep the above file/link/program bookmarked for the future in case something like this happens again or Apple changes something. I never know what's going to happen with my computer anymore or what I'll mess up next.

Thanks for the suggestion!