iTether + TetherMe, iphone disconnects after a few minutes??

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by parkp81, Apr 5, 2011.

1. parkp81 macrumors member

Jul 6, 2010
    I updated my iPhone 4 jb yesterday to 4.3.1 and iPad 1 to jb 4.3.1 as well. I have installed itether on iPad and tetherme on the iPhone and I can get them to pair and work but after a few minutes of web browsing it says cannot load page. On the upper right it shows the small icon like it's still connected, but when I go back into itether it is turned off?? iPhone still at the same time shows up still being tethered? I hope this can be resolved and not be money wasted for the apps.

Any ideas?
  2. Ferdows macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2011
    Same issue

Same problem for me using ipad1 on 4.3.1 redsn0w jailbreak, itether and iPhone 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G not jail broken on Rogers network Canada.

Please keep me posted. I cannot downgrade to 4.2.1 as I don't have the blobs stored
  3. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2009
    I just did the same, and then installed the brand-new (today) Cydia upgrade. Phone got really hot, I scrambled to uninstall and it cooled down. It had loaded a "BT Stack" from BigBoss, the iTether update, and suggested I dl an SBS Toggle, which I did. The toggle would not show up on SBSettings, no matter where I placed it and/or what theme I used it with. Not sure what part of that was the culprit, but I'm talking HOT quickly. Think I'll wait a bit before re-trying that partciular app. :mad:

Something is not playing nice with something else.
  4. thundermustard macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2008
    This problem has appeared with the new firmware on my iPad as well.
    This might work as a work around. I'm still playing around with it.
    When you get a good connection take a screen shot of the network settings (IP address, router, etc.).
    Then set it up as a manual connection using those values.
  5. parkp81 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 6, 2010