itimber cases vs their customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mc2thearson, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mc2thearson, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

mc2thearson macrumors member

K.

So I bought an iTimber case about 4 months ago from www.itimbercase.com/

I love the look of it. It came with a nice stand. I worked well.

The problem? About 2 weeks ago, it slipped out of my pocket while sitting and having coffee with breakfast. It fell about 1.5-2 feet down, onto a wooden floor. A small piece chipped out of the upper corner, near where the volume button is.

I contacted itimber about the damage (this was one of 3 times I have ever dropped my iPhone) 2 weeks ago. Simply asking them for advice. Wondering if there were any specific glues I should use to re-assemble the case. If they had any tips / advice for making the repair myself.

At first they were helpful. I received a response asking for photos of the damage, so that they could let me know what they could do for me. This sounded promising. I promptly emailed them photos back.

I didn't hear back from them. I emailed them a couple more times seeking an update on what they thought of the damage and how they wanted to proceed. They wrote me back stating that they would let me know what they could do for me soon.

After 2 weeks from my initial inquiry I got an email back last night stating that, they could not repair the damages (I never asked them to), and that since I did not have the piece that popped out (which I DO have and never stated otherwise - why else would I have initially asked for tips on how to repair it myself? This would be difficult without the piece, no?) that they could not help me at all and apologized for the inconvenience.

I wanted to share with you other prospective case buyers the terrible customer service I received. Had they simply told me that they couldn't help me fix it in their first reply, I wouldn't be annoyed. The fact that they had me send them pictures, and didn't get back to me for 2 weeks after my initial email, is the piss off. I STILL didn't get a response with regards to my initial questions "Tips to repair it myself? Types of glue I should use for the repair?"

I find the whole thing appalling. I spend $55 on the case in the first place, and this is the level of customer service I get for that investment?

My father has a case for his iPad 2. It's made by Pen and Quill

http://padandquill.com/the-little-black-book.html

A few months after receiving the case, the strap that "locked" the case together broke. He contacted them in a similar fashion. Not asking for any compensation, simply for tips / advice as to how to repair it himself. What did they do? Send out a brand new case immediately to him via courier. No questions asked, no charge. Now THAT is customer service.

Buyers beware with iTimber. Sharp looking cases, that are extremely fragile, and good luck getting ANY help if something goes wrong with it. $55 wasted (where the piece came out btw - now irritates my ear to no end, as the "sharp" pieces of wood dig into on either side, rendering this case useless).

2. Vermifuge macrumors 6502

Vermifuge

In this economy I see no excuse for poor customer service.

When people want to sell an elite product like iTimber they have to sell the experience. People who buy Apple products are not only getting a device, but they are paying to the apple experience. iTimber will not last long if this is how they treat those same customers.

I was looking for a case myself but I'll just cross iTimber off the list!

3. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

Sorry to hear about your experience....What a shame...Damn good looking case!...:apple:

4. Vermifuge macrumors 6502

Vermifuge

Yeah looking good is one thing, but when you can't back up your premium price with decent service you might as well get out of the business