Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianStoiber

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Joliet, IL
I have a windows home server that I absolutely love. I also have a Mac and 3 other PC's. The PC's will backup to the WHS perfectly. however I want to backup my Mac using Time Machine. I know that it is not possible unless the backup device is physically connected. I can see the WHS perfectly well and can move files back and forth

I have been looking around the internet and found iTimeMachine and it supposedly works for with Windows Home Server and it will do so wirelessly too. When I go to the website that every other site talking about it points me to, the dmg is missing.

I guess what I am asking is:
1. Does anyone have the iTimeMachine.dmg?
2. Is there any other way known to do wireless backups to a network drive (preferably without buying more hardware)

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Could be temporary? Maybe have some patience? Considering the company's website is down as well could be an indicator that something else is wrong.

Quite a bit of the Mac software that we use is written by small companies sometimes even a single person, so you can't expect most places to have redundant backup sites, roundrobin/failover servers etc. So if there's an issue with an ISP they're stuck.

Also, they might have been attacked by Apple since their name iTimeMachine looks awful close and it's functionality resembles TimeMachine (notice the similarity) they might have stepped on toes. I doubt that's the case but either way, maybe wait a bit see what happens over the next few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.