iTMS: No country warning?

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
1,214
0
Switzerland
If you live in a country that doesn't have its iTMS yet, do you still get the country warning? I'm asking this because apparently we Swiss don't get it anymore. So the question is, could this be a sign that our Swiss iTMS is just around the corner or has Apple removed the warning for everyone? It would be enlightening if MR members from iTMS-less countries could tell if they still get the warning or not. Thanks!

Zaty
 

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
1,599
2
Gold Coast, Australia
Zaty said:
If you live in a country that doesn't have its iTMS yet, do you still get the country warning? I'm asking this because apparently we Swiss don't get it anymore. So the question is, could this be a sign that our Swiss iTMS is just around the corner or has Apple removed the warning for everyone? It would be enlightening if MR members from iTMS-less countries could tell if they still get the warning or not. Thanks!

Zaty
I'm in Australia and iTunes goes straight to the iTMS without the country warning. (although like Swiss users it's not here yet).
 
Comment

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
1,214
0
Switzerland
aafuss1 said:
I'm in Australia and iTunes goes straight to the iTMS without the country warning. (although like Swiss users it's not here yet).
Thanks. Since Australia is a likely candidate for the next iTMS expansion this could be a good sign for you guys, too.

ONTH, if Apple has removed the country warning, what could be the reason behind this move? I guess it would only leed to misunderstandings. The country warning was clear message that iTMS wasn't available worldwide.
 
Comment

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
1,214
0
Switzerland
Apple confirms, iTMS coming to Switzerland. Yet, when remains unclear.

According to the Swiss French Newspaper "Le Temps", a spokeswoman for Apple Switzerland confirmed that iTMS will come to Switzerland sometime in 2005 but they couldn't announce the official launch date yet. (what a surprise :) ONTH, according to Swiss Mac news site macprime.ch not many Swiss artists can be found in iTMS as of yet which could rule out an opening in the next few weeks/months. Typically, when a new store was about to be launched artists from the country concerned started to appear in iTMS.

Link (in German)

http://www.macprime.ch/index.php
 
Comment

pkis

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2004
120
0
Basel, Switzerland
Zaty said:
Typically, when a new store was about to be launched artists from the country concerned started to appear in iTMS.

I have to disagree - each country has its own store and its own rights organisation. There's no reason to believe that Swiss songs would, for example, appear in the German store as the Germans would not be able to buy content delegated by the Swiss rights owners association.
Of course, there may be some content that will be made available to other stores as well (which is already the case - go look for "huere dräck" in the German store, for example) but I really don't think that's an indicated for a possible launch.
 
Comment

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
1,214
0
Switzerland
pkis said:
Zaty said:
Typically, when a new store was about to be launched artists from the country concerned started to appear in iTMS.

I have to disagree - each country has its own store and its own rights organisation. There's no reason to believe that Swiss songs would, for example, appear in the German store as the Germans would not be able to buy content delegated by the Swiss rights owners association.
Of course, there may be some content that will be made available to other stores as well (which is already the case - go look for "huere dräck" in the German store, for example) but I really don't think that's an indicated for a possible launch.
You're right but it's a fact that artists from countries concerned started to appear in existing stores. E.g. before the launch of the Austrian store, more and more Austrian artists appeared in the German store.
 
Comment

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
1,616
0
Brisbane, Australia
Have you got the sign before about not available in the country yet, then you click to acces another countries store as a browser. Because if you have it will take you to that store with out the warning sign appearing again.
 
Comment

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
1,214
0
Switzerland
ds1 said:
Have you got the sign before about not available in the country yet, then you click to acces another countries store as a browser. Because if you have it will take you to that store with out the warning sign appearing again.
Usually when I started iTMS I always got the country warning. But you could change stores without getting the warning again. Now it seems it doesn't appear anymore, no matter how you access iTMS.
 
Comment

pkis

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2004
120
0
Basel, Switzerland
Zaty said:
Usually when I started iTMS I always got the country warning. But you could change stores without getting the warning again. Now it seems it doesn't appear anymore, no matter how you access iTMS.
yupp, the procedure has definitely changed. Although we still don't know whether this is only the case for Switzerland and Australia. Anyone from a more exotic location (at least from a European point of view :) for who the "not available yet" is gone, too?
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.