iTMS - Rent v Buy

Discussion in 'iPod' started by zoetropeuk, Mar 10, 2008.

1. zoetropeuk macrumors regular

I don't know why it's so hard to understand the concept of Rent Only new release movies on iTunes. Since the advent of VCRs through to DVDs you've always been able to rent a new movie release before you could buy it. The same is true on iTunes. I don't need hundreds of morons yelling at Apple in the movie reviews on iTunes insisting Apple let them buy the movie. If you want to buy it then just wait until it's available to purchase for gods sake.

I'm starting to wish the Mac market-share would shrink back to where it was 5 years ago. I've had enough of the brain-dead switchers rambling on and on about the same issues. When I first joined MacRumors you could actually have an intelligent conversion with other forum users. Those times have long passed and it's a damn shame.

The Mac community is now full of PC whining Mac owners.

Matt

2. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the forums these days, but iTunes reviews are written mostly by PC users not Mac users.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well Matt, that's a little senseless don't you think? How do you know what OS these people use? Is there a special indication in an unreleased version of iTunes that would otherwise indicate that all users who are whiny little whores are indeed Mac users?

So the market-share shrinks and there is less whining?

No one will ever understand every concept fully and to ensure everyone that they do not understand they will call attention to one self by bitching about it in a public forum. It happens, that does change the release date of the rental "new release" or the buy "new release".

4. mosx macrumors 65816

I don't know about in the UK, but here in the US DVD brought a swift end to the "rental pricing" days of VHS.

DVDs have always been available to buy and rent on the same day.

Star Wars Episode 1 and American Beauty were the only two movies to ever have DVDs deliberately delayed in favor of a "rental priced" VHS. But studios suffered a backlash (low VHS rentals and sales) and learned their lesson after that.