iTMS TV shows with ads

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mrgreen4242, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

This may have already been posted, so my apologies if it is a dupe... I didn't see it, but it could be in one of the very large NBC/iTMS threads.

I was listening the NPR yesterday evening and they were reporting on the whole NBC/iTMS deal, the $5 per episode story, etc, etc. One thing they did mention, and I think it was just an analyst talking, was that this might be a ploy for NBC to get ads into the downloads.

With iTMS having a two tiered music system now, I'm pondering if TV shows could go a similar route. Not pay more for un-DRM'd copies, but ad free ones. If they bring back NBC at $1.99 with ads and have an a free version at $3-5, I'll be pissed. But, if they have an ad free option at $2 still, and offer an ad supported that is either free (with a normal by broadcast standards amount of commercials) or very cheap - like $.49 - with less commercials, well, I'd probably buy into that... anyways, just thought it was an interesting take on the NBC/Apple story.

2. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

If they have ads they should be free...

You can get the shows free on NBC's website, but you have to watch the ads...

I would not mind that at all as long as they were free..