iToner 1.0.6 is out!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sblasl, Feb 21, 2008.

1. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/utilities/itoner/

What's new in this version:
    Support for iPhone OS 1.1.3
    Support for .mp3, .mp4, .wav, and .aif files
    Intelligent audio processing for added ringtones
    French, German, and Italian localizations
    Various fixes and enhancements

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

sweet! nice find! will download this tonight...

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

not necessary. Just use Garageband 2008 and then your ringtones will be integrated with itunes and you won't have to upgrade itoner every time Apple breaks it.

4. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Why do people constantly feel that they need to post this about using Garageband? Not everyone has Garageband that makes ringtones. Second, iToner is something many people bought months ago and even if there are new methods, we still enjoy using the program we bought. If Garageband works for you, great, but I don't think it's necessary to continue telling iToner users that they should forget about iToner and use Garageband. The Garageband advice was nice at first, but now it's just getting old.

I am glad Ambrosia stuck with it and continued to update iToner. No matter what other ways there are, I still think iToner is the easiest to use when it comes to managing ringtones.

5. calvy macrumors 65816

I can't seem to get Garage Band to work for me. I installed it specifically for ringtone creation. Now I feel like an idiot not being able to figure it out, and I'm certainly not computer illiterate. I've used Cool Edit Pro and Audacity on other platforms, so I'm slightly familiar with audio editing. Yet I can't figure out WTF garage band wants me to do to get it to export the loop. I gave up a while back. Now it's just wasting hard drive space.

6. sblasl thread starter macrumors 6502a

sblasl

I totally concur with your statement. GarageBand is such a convoluted process just to stick a ringtone on your iPhone. The Developers are not done with iToner either, I think we will see an editor in Itoner sooner or later as well for those that have that need, making GarageBand basically irrelevant for the iPhone.

7. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

I'm finding that todays release of 1.0.6 is to say the least very buggy.
    Out of the 5 songs I'm trying to sync only 2 will come over.

Hoping for a quick fix but not holding my breath....

8. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I think Ambrosia rushed iToner 1.0.6 on purpose. I know over the last few weeks there have been a lot of complaints about the lack of an update since the 1.1.3 iPhone firmware was released. I think they wanted to get this out in order to let people know that they are still updating and working on iToner.

9. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

NO NEED FOR GARAGEBAND!

1) Pick your song you want to turn into a ringtone in iTunes.
    2) Right click>Get Info or File>Get Info or Apple>I.
    3) Go to Options when the Get Info window opens.
    4) Click the check boxes to initiate Start and Stop time, manually entering the start and finish time of the song you want as a ringtone.
    5) Now, hit Okay.
    6) Next, go to Advanced>Convert Selection to AAC, this will create a copy of the song, but just the portion you want as a ringtone.
    7) The copy will be right under the original in iTunes, you will see the difference in times with the selection you chose should be at a ringtone length, like :30 seconds or so. Right-click on the selection and choose Show in Finder, or File>Show in Finder, it should be an m4a file.
    8) Simply click on the file name to edit it and change it to an m4r, this will change it into a ringtone to be recognized by iTunes.
    9) Go back to iTunes, find the short selection of the song that you converted to a ringtone and drag it out of iTunes to your desktop.
    10) It will make a copy of it and it should now be in your iTunes and desktop. Then, back in iTunes, delete the selection you just moved to the desktop.
    11) Double-click on the file you dragged to your desktop and it should open up and play in the "Ringtones" section of your iTunes.
    12) Sync.

10. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Or, just spend the $15 and buy iToner, to save you 12 steps. :)

11. HotblackDesiato macrumors member

1. Drag song to Garageband
    2. Select section of song you want
    3. Click the cycle/loop button
    4. Click "Send Ringtone to iTunes"

Yeah, I really wish it wasn't so convoluted [​IMG]

12. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Why spend an unnecessary $15?

Once you do it once, you'll get used to doing it and it will take you probably 2 minutes. The only reason it looks like it will take forever is because I spelled it out so carefully, with as much detail as possible.

13. TylerOxendine macrumors newbie

So, I can purchase this and it will work perfect with 1.1.3. ?

14. lawcomic macrumors member

Yep. The Garageband method is as easy as iToner in my mind. I used iToner before the Garageband method worked...but since Garageband has been doing the job, I have seen no reason to use iToner.

Of course, it's also been busted a lot of that time as well.

15. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I didn't know they were still updating iToner since it's pretty much obsolete now. While I'm glad I didn't spend $15.00 on it, I do have a lot of respect for the iToner developers they continued to fix it every time a new software update came out and they are continuing to support it even though its user base has dwindled down to the few people who don't have garage band or simply got used to using it.

16. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Why? To support software developers who put in the time to make things easier for people BEFORE Garage band had this feature. Also, not everyone is going to spend the money to upgrade or buy iLife 08, just for garage band when for $15, you get a very simple solution. :)