itouch 1 or the new itouch 2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kr4nG, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Kr4nG macrumors newbie

ok so i really like the itouch and i would love to get it. i understand that the first i touch is jailbroken but the second one cant be yet. my question is that what is the differences between them. they both have the maps and stuff like that but i just dont understand the differences. is the new one faster? or what are some differences. thanks guys. i would like to know what one would you buy the new one or the older version. also which gb should you go with. i think i would go with 16 but i love movies and plan on putting in a few movies what do you think. thanks again.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The second iPod touch has a faster-clocked processor, built-in Nike+, a speaker, physical volume control, and is a tad smaller.

3. 156457 macrumors 6502

I would recommend the iPod touch 1G (the first one). I find the body shape to be nicer and it feels a lot nicer in the hand imo.

omg lol we both put iPod touch in large letters... what a coincidence ;)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The second gen iPod Touch is better because it includes the volume rocker switch on the side. The idea of having to unlock my screen every time I want to increase or decrease my volume is what would pull me towards the second gen.

Edited to keep on theme with correcting the op. :)

5. Slowstick macrumors 6502

The ipod touch second generation is also cheaper with the exception of temporary sales at big box stores.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Temporary sales being until they can get rid of all of the first ones, that is. So the sale ends when they're all gone...

7. Kr4nG thread starter macrumors newbie

wow you guys are great this was my first post and already a couple of replys. i hope i can learn a lot from this forum. i think the im leaning towards the second touch. Even though its unlock able yet i believe it will be soon. what you think about the unlock ability. any more differences between them?

8. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Correct.. and they are pretty much all gone. Which means if you want a first gen ipod touch, then start searching ebay and craigslist.

9. Kr4nG thread starter macrumors newbie

i think the 2nd gen is a lot cooler i like that it has a speaker built in.

10. Slowstick macrumors 6502

However, I have heard the built in speaker is just for games, etc. NOT MUSIC:eek::confused:

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That makes no sense whatsoever. :D

12. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Sorry... what I tried to imply was that i heard the built in speaker was crappy and Apple designed it for stuff like games and not casual listening like music.;):D

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I realize now that my sentence made no sense whatsoever. :D

In saying that, I meant that it would make no sense for the speaker to only work for non-iPod functionality. I'm pretty darn sure you can listen to music on it.

14. 156457 macrumors 6502

Yes you can 100% listen to music through the built in speaker.

One problem though... it sounds crap.

15. Slowstick macrumors 6502

O of course!!You can definitely listen to music on it! Lol!:D Sorry about the mis-communication there. I just heard that if you are planning on using the built in speaker for music, you can forget it.:)

16. Kr4nG thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont plan on using the built in speaker for music but i like that its there for sound effects and things. im sure thats what it was built in for anyway. small things

17. Kr4nG thread starter macrumors newbie

this topic was started to help me and other understand the differences between the two. so if anyone has any more information about the two i would appreciate it. i did decide on which one i want and that will be the ipod touch 2nd gen. thanks

18. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Excellent choice and have fun with "the funnest ipod ever" :D:D:D

19. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

THANK YOU!!!! I think he should get a 2nd Gen iPod Touch too!!!

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

itouch itouch itouch itouch itouch

nyah!

*ducks out of thread*