iTouch 16gb Price Alert

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ScottFitz, Nov 23, 2007.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Not sure how long this will last, but amazon has the 16gb iPod touch for 10% off, free shipping, no tax. $359

2. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Dctape macrumors regular

Dctape

Got mine yesterday morning BEFORE the sale. I saw the alert on another message board, called Amazon, and they gave me a $20 credit. Not bad at all!

4. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

They should have given you a 40 dollar credit, right?

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well it was a goodwill gesture so it is up to them to decide how much to give.

6. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I would have cancelled my order and then reordered it at the sale price. Maybe he missed the sale completely.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I think Amazon has a 30 or more day price protection, so they should have given you the full credit. There's probably some sort of fine print regarding special sales and clearance and whatnot, though.

8. Dctape macrumors regular

Dctape

Nope. I bought it that morning at $379 and then they dropped it to #359. So I guess I did get some sort of sale from the get-go, but they let me in on the big one as well.

9. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good deal! Glad they didn't screw you around. Amazon is always a great place for me to pick up stuff. They had a nice mail in rebate in my iMac last year and it seems they've added the rebates again this year on several apple products.

10. frogcat macrumors member

Wow, check paypal and if you have an account then you get %20 cashback from purchases using paypal. That means buying an ipod off of ebay for 365 which is what ive seen lately can save you $73. That's $292 for a 16gig touch. Or if thats not an option for you, I went on https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pp-redir&id=MPEKV4STX9QRSGVW to see other stores I could buy one off of. I already have a touch, so i did not check up if there are any traps to this, but check it out. That is definitely a deal.

11. lena macrumors newbie

Make sure you read all of the details - the maximum is $50 cash back per PayPal account, and only at 'select merchants'.