Itouch 2.0 software how do I get it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madz, Aug 19, 2008.

1. madz macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry I'm sure this has been done a million times but cant seem to find a thread on it?

I have the itouch which is jailbroken. I want to install the latest iphone software on my touch to include the VPN client. Can I get this as a free download? and will it restore my settings if I do this and will I lose everything currently on my touch?

many thanks for your help

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

3. madz thread starter macrumors newbie

I've looked at this but it looks like its only available from the US itunes store not the UK?? I'm not sure it will let me download from the us site?

4. madz thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm wrong yes I can download it in the uk.

I presume I will need to do a complete backup first and I will lose the jailbreak apps.

5. ShaneR macrumors member

It should, try to download and see what happens. Maybe they have not released the upgrade in the UK yet.

6. ShaneR macrumors member

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Maybe not. Yes.

8. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

When you go from firmware version 1.1.x to 2.x, the installer seems to perform a fairly comprehensive backup automatically. Certainly, by most reports it takes quite some time for the automatic backup to complete. But you can never have too many backups. A jail broken iPod Touch will revert to factory settings during a normal upgrade.