Itouch 2nd gen. 8gb battery life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Devil Dawgs, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Devil Dawgs macrumors newbie

Hi , i purchased a itouch just about 3 weeks ago i love it so far it supplies every need i have on the go but one problem i always run into is battery life . I've done some researching and have learned some of the tips like lowering brightness and charging ur battery only when in 20% left all the way to 100% without unplugging . What i need help with is getting a new extended battery , i was wondering if it is possible to get a professional apple worker to help me put a new longer lasting battery in my itouch , also i've seen some of the extended batterys taht are attached to the bottom of the itouch but do u every have problems with them like not being able to stretch ur fingers onto the screen cas the itouch is too wide? or stuff like that? I saw the mophie juice pack
    ^
    ( http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU337VC/A )

and noticed taht it kinda widens the itouch does this ussually effect u that much or no? I'ved done alot to try limiting my battery usage , i even purchased a emergancey battery charger that can be used on the go and can charge my ipod touch up to three times to full battery life with 2 AA batteries. But the problem with taht is that the cord connecting the emergencey battery pack (but sadly i can't find the link for it but i got it from rite aid if taht helps at all) and the itouch is too short and ussualy keeps hiting me when i play need for speed if it had a longer cord extension or something it would be perfect so i could stick it in my pocket while im playing without it bothering me.

2. Devil Dawgs thread starter macrumors newbie

ill be checking on my thread everyday , please help me with my dilemma , thankyou.

3. thatguysmells macrumors regular

I would get the Juice Pack if battery life is that much of a concern to you. The only issue I saw with the juice pack is the fit and finish is not top notch. It doesn't quite fit right on the sides. But it does the job. Hope that helps!

4. Devil Dawgs thread starter macrumors newbie

Im just waiting to see to if there is any other options b4 I spendy money on it

5. zacksba Guest

Hi,

Did you ever buy the mophie. I bought one on BlackFriday and used it once. I thought I would use it more but I don't and I put it on craiglist. This was more of an impulse buy. If you are interested, let me know. I am selling it for $35.00 which includes shipping in the US only. It's for the Ipod Touch2G, comes with everything including box. I can also email you the pics as well.

It adds a little bulk as you can imagine but I did not think too much. It's a nice feel in your hand I think.