itouch 3 software upgrade for bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rishipahuja, Jun 27, 2009.

1. rishipahuja macrumors newbie

I have a jabra bluetooth headset and with release of itouch 3.0 upgrade which promises to unlock bluetooth capabilities ..i am interested to know ifmy jabra headset be able to pair with itouch after upgrade?

Currently I am not able to make VOIP calls over fring in itouch 2 and was looking for some good headphones with mic. With this upgrade which promises to unlock bluetooth firmware, i would prefer to upgrade to OS 3 if and only if it can pair with my bluetooth headset.

Also full of self pity as i only purchased my itouch 1 month back ;)
    appple is too smart for not letting use hardware which is built in

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

iPod Touch doesn't have bluetooth to my knowledge.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes it does.

4. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

2nd gen iPod touch has Bluetooth, just need os 3.0 to activate it. The 1st gen does not have it though.

5. rishipahuja thread starter macrumors newbie

Can someone please confirm, if that upgrade will get me compatibility with jabra bluetooth headset?

6. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I can confirm that there is Bluetooth in 3.0 after a quick Google search because I didn't know that before but not sure about the headset.

Also, you should post this is the iPod Touch section of the forum. I see that you're a newbie, and probably didn't know, but please keep that in mind for the future. :)

7. rishipahuja thread starter macrumors newbie

After some unsatisfactory search whether my jabra headset will work with itouch upgrade or not i gave up and thought to rather give a try.

I upgraded the OS, now there appears a "bluetooth" enable feature but when i try to discover any of devices in range it does not recognizes any...neither my laptop, nor my nokia E51 nor the jabra headset.

Disappointed and hoping it will work and recognize one of devices in range :(

8. Benjic macrumors regular

Your iPod Touch will most likely only work with A2DP headphones and devices.