iTouch 3rd Gen Connection Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rippy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Rippy macrumors newbie

Yesterday I purchased a iPod Touch 3rd Generation, from Target. After going home and charging it, syncing it w/ iTunes and picking up some apps, I find I am not connected to the wifi at my house.

I go to the settings, and there it says "Not Connected." I go into the connection area, go to other networks, type in my information for a WPA2 (all of the information, as in name, security, and password are correct), and when I hit it to join, it says it hasn't found my network. I have even tried turning off all the securities to my network for a short time, and the iTouch still never contacted it.

I have been googling this issue for the past day, and have seen some people have had this same issue. I have tried turning of my iPod for a minute, then Restting my Network connections, and that doesn't help. I have also tried re-starting my router, waiting a minute, and trying again, and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not submit a call to Apple and having to screw around with my network considering my two computers and laptop are connected fine. I am considering taking it to a Apple store for advice, or (if it is even possible to do so) returning it since it seems defective.

Any helpful responses would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    ~ Rippy

2. Rippy thread starter macrumors newbie

Just wanted to touch back bases, I ended up returning my iPod out of frustration, and I then ordered one from Amazon.com. I still had the same problem, and I was racking my brain.

Then, I discovered the problem. I have no idea why, but it does not like 2 worded SSIDs, as in Happy face. When I made mine Happyface (not actually my SSID, but that's irrelevant) my iPod recognized my connection almost immediately.

Hope this helps someone out there --

~ Rippy :)

3. LaLaLa123 macrumors newbie

Hi Rippy,

How do you change the computer's wifi name?

:) Thanks

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My network name is two words (Netgear G and Netgear N) and is even dual band, which adds to the confusion. It connects fine.