iPod touch itouch 4g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by raymonddelacruz, May 14, 2012.

1. raymonddelacruz macrumors newbie

i have jailbroken itouch4g ios 5.1 my question is ..everytime i put or downloading winterboard cydia and safari crashed!! can you help me to fix this!!

2. chrf097, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012

chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

You've probably used a tethered jailbreak. do a hard reset by holding down the home button and the power button until you see the Apple logo appear on the device. MAKE SURE YOU ARE PLUGGED INTO YOUR COMPUTER.

3. raymonddelacruz, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012

raymonddelacruz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I wasn't correcting you. I was pointing out to the other poster we're not supposed to call out on name mispelling. I was able to understand what you meant. :)

Chances are you've done a tethered jailbreak. Plug your iPod into your computer and reboot the iPod (Pressing and holding the home and power button till the Apple logo appears). Let us know if that works.

5. raymonddelacruz thread starter macrumors newbie

no mam/sir what i mean is ..jailbreaking in my ipod touch is ok,, cydia succesfully installed.. but everytime i download winterboard cydia crashed even safari !! do you have any idea to fix that!!

or maybe because winterboard is not supported by ios 5.1.1 yet. correct me if im wrong!!

by the way mam/sir thank you very much for replying!!

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

When you do a tethered jailbreak, if you don't plug your iDevice into your computer and reboot your iDevice, then once the home screen loads, if you try to open Cydia or Safari they will crash.

Currently, the only way to jailbreak a 4th Generation iPod touch is to use a tethered jailbreak.

Follow these instructions:
    Try that and report back to us.