iTouch 4th Gen Not connecting on Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kukheart, Sep 11, 2010.

1. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

I scanned other threads but I did not see this issue on the new 4th Gen's so I'm starting this thread, if I missed it please forgive me. I just got all of my stuff on my brand new itouch 64GB and everything is perfect but it's not connecting over wifi. I have hit renew lease at least 3 or 4 times and have an IP address of 192.286.1.111 with the same Router and DNS number. Am I doing something wrong? My previous touch 2nd gen would show that same info and connect immediately. Am I just missing something? I have a simple wireless modem for the apartment and my mac book pro that I'm typing on right now is connected fine. Thanks!

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

3. kukheart thread starter macrumors regular

kukheart

thank you, but so far that hasn't helped, i haven't been able to pull up a single webpage or anything, if i'm still having trouble in a few days there is an apple store basically on the other side from me, so at least that's good. The bars appear on the top of the screen and it looks connected but it's just not.

4. zippyzoom macrumors member

My roommate has the same problem. SHe bought one today that will absolutely not connect to WIFI. As a result, she returned it and will not be getting a replacement any time soon. On the other hand, I love mine - no problems yet.

Go to Apple and exchange yours, because it definitely is faulty.

5. kukheart thread starter macrumors regular

kukheart

ok, thank you, looks like on my next day off which is thursday, i'll be visiting the local apple store.

6. kelving525 macrumors regular

Mine actually connects to the network, but if I let it sit idle for awhile, it loses connection and I have to turn the wi-fi on and off again before it can reconnect. Is this a problem as well?

7. kukheart thread starter macrumors regular

kukheart

I rebooted the ipod and it's still doing the same thing, I hope I don't get crap when I try to exchange it.

8. mac88 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem. I actually changed my password on my wireless network and I was then able to connect to it. Give this a shot if all else fails. I thought I was the only one having this issue but it seems others are too. Good luck with the exchange.