itouch 64gb speaker volume question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ipaqman, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hi,

i just got my brand new itouch and absolutely love it... i am planning on using the internal speaker on it for listening to music when i travel in hotels and such and wanted to know if i turn the speaker volume up all the way while playing my music is it going to blow the internal speaker or will it be fine? i don't like the idea of taking portable speakers because i am quite content with the audio from the itouch speaker itself.

please let me know if the internal itouch speaker can handle music at max volume. (also, i did not install any aftermarket software to boost the volume).

thanks again,
    ipaqman

2. seb-opp macrumors 6502

there is no chance of the speakers blowing, it is a consumer device so has to be safe. If there were problems with the speakers blowing, you would have heard about it

3. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

oh ok so i can continue to crank up the volume on the itouch internal speaker and it will be perfectly fine?

4. ///M5 macrumors 6502

I bought a 3rd gen iPod touch and find the speaker volume to be too low. Way lower than my 3GS.

It has 3.1 I believe. Does 3.1.1 make it any better?

5. Jimmy James macrumors 68030

Firstly, is there a chance? Sure.

It depends on the gain that was used during recording.

Then there is the argument that if you can't overdrive the speaker(s) then the amp is too weak for its intended application (although no one is going to be looking for audiophile sound out of the built-in speaker...or any current ipod for that matter...).

6. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

So wait, on your 64 GB touch, does music sound distorted when cranked to max volume?

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I usually turn it 1 or 2 bars short of the max volume... Just sounds a lil better than having the music distorted