iTouch and Audiobooks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by edpatterson, Jul 23, 2009.

1. edpatterson macrumors newbie

Long story, someone broke into my car and stole my old faithful sansa e250. I had replaced the OS with Rockbox and fell in love with the following feature, car mode. It will turn on but not start playing when the cars turns on or voltage is supplied to the cigarette lighter. Obvioulsy it plugs into a USB adapter via the cigarette lighter. It will create a bookmark and pause the player when voltage is removed. After a user definable period of time the player turns off.

Does the iTouch have this functionality? My son loves his eye touch and I would like to play with one but the auto-bookmark feature is a must. Nothing worse then getting back into the car after getting groceries and finding your book is now 2 chapters ahead...

Thanks,
    Ed

2. Smokey 25 macrumors newbie

I love my audio books too. I use my 2G touch for audio books all the time.

As far as I can tell the touch doesn't look at voltage input and shut down, it just keeps on going until you hit pause. It does how ever keep track of where you are in the book by holding that position.

I just have to remember to pause mine when I get out of the car. If I am alone I typically throw on my bluetooth headset and keep listening while I shop.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Since I don't have a car, I don't know how a Touch works with a car sound system, but it does stop playing if you unplug the headphone, or if the sound is playing through the dock, if you unplug the "speaker" from the dock. I actually find this to be the fastest way to "pause" playback, for example if I'm listening to music and someone wants to speak to me. When I'm ready to listen to music again, I plug my headphone back in, bring up the music controls and hit "play," and it starts playing where it left off.

4. edpatterson thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it power off after awhile once the ear phone jack is unplugged?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you have it set to auto-lock, it goes to sleep once the auto-lock interval is reached.