itouch and hdu

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scottd1975, Aug 28, 2008.

1. scottd1975 macrumors member

I can't get my touch in backup I have it connected to itunes the I press and hold the power and the button at the bottom of the touch. the I slide the power off the let go of the power button then what?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You're doing it wrong. Shut it off, and then hold both for ten seconds. At the 10 second mark, let go of the Sleep/Wake button and keep holding Home for another 10 seconds. At the end of that 10, let go of Home and iTunes should tell you that it needs to be restored.

3. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It doesn't really matter, if it isn't connected to iTunes the iPod will just tell you that you have to connect it anyway.

5. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

I did that and it shows the itune logo so that's not right I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

6. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

If it is showing the iTunes logo with a dock cable pointing to it, then you did it right and it is waiting for you to connect the cable and start iTunes so that it can start the restore.

7. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

but thats when im getting the error 5 message.

8. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

it says unknown error (5) my ipod is in hdu atleast from what i read but some say the screen should stay black so which is it? also is there anyway someone could email me or send me the file that is made after they do the winpwn so i can see if my computer is the issue?

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, the screen should stay black after releasing the sleep button and just holding the home button, then after ten seconds the iTunes logo is supposed to appear.

10. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

well then im doing that right but i still get the error 5 so whats wrong am i using the wrong winpwn version with wrong software or somethings
    i have itouch 1.15
    so what winpwn should i use
    and what ipws should i use?