iTouch bricked...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by isababa12, Dec 5, 2010.

1. isababa12, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

isababa12 macrumors newbie

I just joined this forum because my iTouch 3G has become won't boot.

I have the skullcandy hard case and I dropped it a few times, about 3 or 4 times at heights like 4 feet because it fell off the counter and another time by it slipping off a wine cabinet at my house that's about 5'3" or so. This morning it slipped off my kitchen counter and fell face flat on the tile floor where the perimeter of the case bumps outward, and the iTouch body would never touch the floor.

I went to yahoo answers hoping to get a quick answer, but that didn't really help with people being smart asses.

There are people that have dropped their iTouch outside on the cement many times and even without cases, yet theirs hasn't done this. I even saw my friend throw his iTouch 1G across a grass field and it didn't do anything.

Is my iTouch done for? or is there a way to fix it? It also reads as an unkown device on my laptop.

2. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

I think it's time to buy new iPod Touch 4G:), im sorry but its never happens with me, and be careful with the new ipod touch??

3. isababa12 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's seriously broken? And I don't even have money to get a new one, I got this before my dad lost his job and it was the last gift that he could've gotten me for a long time. Never knew the iTouch 3G was that prone to shock....

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Try putting it into DFU mode (Google it) then try to restore it in iTunes. If it's still under warranty you could be unethical and try to get it replaced. And remember, there is no such thing as an iTouch, it's called an iPod Touch.

5. isababa12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try that, and I also thought there was a post about trying not to bicker about that right? Thanks, but I went through a year of calling it an iTouch, it's gonna be a hard habit to break.

It's jailbroken, doesn't that void the warranty? Or ever since the legalization of jailbreaking has it not voided it?

6. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

7. Old Blue macrumors member

There is
    you can find it here - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=606881

8. isababa12 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

Dropping something 3 times and breaking it, doesn't qualify as "prone to shock".

10. soulia macrumors newbie

iPod touch bricked and screwed

My son's ipod touch just bricked on him. I contacted apple with the serial number from the original packaging. The touch was purchased last October. Apple sent the touch back stating that they could not read the serial number. I could not find the serial number on the back until the service supervisor stated that it is located on the bottom of the touch.

Well, several months of the touch in my son's backpack has produced many surface scratches - some of which obliterated the tiny 1 point font sized serial number. He stated that it must have been "modified", so the warranty is invalid. He even pointed out that the "32GB" was visible. Yes, it is. It is also many times larger than the serial and model numbers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you read your serial number on the back of your touch? Is it perfectly legible? I'ld love to join a class action suit on this one.