Itouch Calendar Alerts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crna2001, Apr 25, 2008.

1. crna2001 macrumors newbie

Does Anyone Have Any Information On The Alerts For The Calendar On The Itouch. Is The Alert Loud Enough To Hear If It Is In Your Pocket? Is It Any Thing Like That Of A Handheld Pda?

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I can only hear it when the room is dead silent.

3. BioCore macrumors regular

That is probably because the iPod Touch does not have a real speaker system built in. It can only make simple sounds that appear out of the chip board or some simple sound maker.

I think the iCal alerts would probably be best heard when listening to music or with headphones.

4. crna2001 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. fake1009 macrumors member

what's iCal? I didn't know that the callendar also gives audio alerts. Can anybody tell me how to make the callendar make the sounds?

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

iCal is the OS X calendar program the iPod touch's calendar syncs with. When you set a calendar event to have an alarm, you can specify how you want it to alert you (via sound or email).

7. Spazzer macrumors newbie

iCal is Apple's Macintosh OS X calendar program

calendar alerts -
    iPod touch Features Guide (PDF)
    page 51

Spazzer

8. timbucktoo macrumors newbie

can you change the sound for calendar alarm?

Given that the built-in feeble little buzz for calendar alarm isn't loud enough to get your attention... is it possible to change the sound to a song or other louder noise?

calendar alerts -
    iPod touch Features Guide (PDF)
    page 51

Spazzer[/QUOTE]
    Given that the built-in feeble little buzz for calendar alarm isn't loud enough to get your attention... is it possible to change the sound to a song or other louder noise?