Itouch clock compatible with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DreaKaye, May 27, 2010.

1. DreaKaye macrumors newbie

Are iTouch-compatible alarm clock radios generally compatible with iPhones? , but i was just wondering.. A Coby clock radio I'm considering says it's compatible with the latest iTouch, I know some other clocks do indicate if they work with iPhones too, and it may sound like a silly question, but I wanted to know if it works with the indication or not.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There may be some app out there somewhere that I don't know about, but at the moment I really can't think of any reason why any app would run on an iPod but not an iPhone.

3. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

If you are talking about docking stations with alarm clocks on them I would contact the manufacturer of it to see if the iPhone is compatible. If its a app you are talking about most likely it will work because the iPod Touch and iPhone apps are the same.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Oh, good call. I was talking about apps in my reply.

YES, follow this advice about contacting the manufacturer. Probably most of them will work, but not all of them have the speakers properly shielded. This can result in buzzing sounds if they phone checks in with the tower.

Look for boxes that say 'made for iPhone' on them and not just 'made for iPod.' They will have speakers made to resist the interference caused by cell phones.

5. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

Its obvious the OP is talking about an alarm clock to dock the iPhone to.

There are two reason it may not work well with the iPhone:
    1)The dock may not fit the iPhone
    2)The speakers may not be shielded so the cell signal will cause interference

Like iPhone3Gusr recommended, contact the manufacturer to be sure

6. DreaKaye thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you everyone! All is good -I found a well-priced, feature packed clock on Amazon.com. Your insights about interference were very helpful.