Itouch clock minutes ticking over like seconds??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sasstal, Apr 16, 2009.

1. sasstal macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I've just bought my son an itouch from ebay and have no know how with such things. I'm trying to set the banner time correctly but as soon as it says 'successful' the minutes tick over as fast as seconds and the time is then wrong. I think it's a 32gb 1st generation as it doesn't have a volume thingy on the side, although there is an internal speaker. All the youtube postings detailing differences betwen 1st & 2nd g's are from the U.S. We're in the UK, not sure if that's why the one I bought seems to be slightly different to everyone else's on youtube? I would really appreciate any help I can get from you guys in the know but please do keep any instructions simple. Many thanks.:eek:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

For starters, you'll probably want to look here for some user manuals to get you started. As far as identifying the iPod touch is concerned, if you have a speaker, i.e. you can hear noise when the headphones aren't connected, you definitely have a 2nd generation. There were no 1st gen models released with an internal speaker. Not seeing the external volume controls is a bit odd though.

About the date/time...You are going into the Settings app with the multiple cog icons and then into General->Date & Time right? Within there you set the Time Zone according to your closest major city, or adjust the hour/minute manually if its off by a couple minutes by your estimation.

3. tarrant macrumors newbie

Fake?

Are you sure that this is an iPod Touch? If yours doesn't look like the ones you've seen on YouTube (or on Apple's store), I'd be suspicious. There are some fakes from China (including at least one sold under the 'iTouch' name).

How are you setting the time? There is no "Successful" feedback AFAIK -- the time just changes as you scroll the minute "wheel".

4. kh14 macrumors member

haha wow thats weird ive never had that happen before try restoring the ipod through itunes

5. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

The original iPod touch has an internal buzzer which it can use to play alarm sounds and give "click" feedback to certain kinds of touch input. It isn't used for music playback, though. Could the "speaker" you're talking about be the buzzer?