Itouch Dead : Not restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gurnani, Jan 22, 2011.

1. gurnani macrumors newbie

I decided of restoring my Itouch into the factory condition. I deleted my music and restored my pictures. When I started backing up, in between an error popped up with 1612 as the code.

Now it just shows the itunes and a USB cable on the screen. I have connected it to my desktop several times via USB but nothing happens. No pop from ITunes or anything.
    Somebody help, its not working :(

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

try DFU mode. You can do this by shutting your iPod down, connecting to your computer, then start your ipod by holding the power switch and the home button for 10 secs and then let go of the power while still holding home. Itunes should then pop up a message

3. gurnani thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah it worked!!
    its extracting the software. lets c if it restores it fully

4. gurnani thread starter macrumors newbie

great!!
    it restored...huh, I feel good.

Thanks man

5. gurnani thread starter macrumors newbie

Hola,

I updated my iOS to 4.3 and after update, itouch shut down itself and its dead.
    I tried the DFU mode as suggested by "Pgohlke" but i cannot restore it at all. It says that it can not restore and an unknown error occurred

Can anybody help me with restoring my itouch.

Some quick suggestions wud be highly appreciated pls.

tHANKS

6. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Does the iPod turn on at all. Can you see anything? And does iTunes see it. Sometimes reinstalling iTunes or even changing USB ports will fix this error.