Itouch Dilemma.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Snguyen34541, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Snguyen34541 macrumors newbie

I've been searching around and haven't been able to find any information about this...

Anyways, i've been wondering how much space the Itouch/Phone games are gonna take up. I recently bought a 16gb Itouch, but i'm a bit of a gamer so wanted to know if it was worth it to exchange it for a 32gb one.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Wait and see just like everyone else. There is no obtainable answer right now.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You should be fine. According to this article, Pangea's Enigmo and Cro-Mag Rally are 23MB and 130MB. I bet most games will be about the size of an album, 50-60 MB.

4. smokinghot1894 macrumors newbie

Im stumped...HELP ME! I asked like..a million people...someone help!?

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Stumped with what?

If it is about the size of the games, no one knows more than you at the moment, you will have to wait for the release

6. FishStik5 macrumors newbie

Very friendly answer, akonradi.

Anyways, I'm sure the apps won't take that much space. The maximum size Apple is allowing developers' apps to be is 2 GB (BTW the maximum price Apple is letting developers make their apps is $999.99. Apple has some high expectations! :p), and I doubt many apps will be near the 1 GB mark. I'd expect sizes between 10MB - 100MB. I don't think you should be worried about the sizes of these apps.

Thanks for reading!
    -Brian

7. Snguyen34541 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys! Love these forums, quick and polite (for the most part)

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Don't worry about it. You won't run out of space. The apps will surely be pretty small/decent in size.

BTW it's iPod touch and not iTouch :p

9. sargent bannana macrumors member

10. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

****, it's people like you who ruin it, fan boy. If you have a problem with keep it to your self. Don't have a go at other people about it they can call it what they like, how about some useful input?

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I'm hoping we can take apps we buy off and put them back on at will. I'd buy more than my 8gb had capacity for if I could swap them out without losing them.

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

Ah, of course. I should have tried to bloat the only real answer into the shape of a happy face.

Fact is, they'll vary in size. Nobody outside of the developing companies (and possibly in a few cases, Apple) has the final copies, so there's no way that we can tell. If you'd like me to be any more to the point than that, pardon.

You can. They'll sync through iTunes and you can select the ones that you want on your device. It's another tab in the iPod syncing window, like music, videos, podcasts, etc.

13. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

Without anyone having real information, I would look to comparable devices... palms, blackberrys, how abou 3rd party games right now? What else do you want to do with it? Are you just going for the games? How about music? Videos? (Videos will be your big space eater if your touch looks anything like mine).

PS.. I like iTouch.

14. Fabreze macrumors member

Seriously? Have you had a bad experience you would like to share with us as to why you have so much hatred about what someone calls their Ipod?

15. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

and i thought i was extreme....

16. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

No need to go overboard - it's the poster's preference as to what they decide to call their iPod.