iTouch... eBay or Apple Refurb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bmwpowere36m3, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I finally looking into upgrading my apple mini, which has faithfully served me for fours years and still going. I was looking into getting the 8GB iTouch which currently is available for ~$ 210 shipped from Apple or ~200 as well on eBay. I haven't followed them on eBay much, but it seems to be the going rate, right?

Other than some included apps, that might be there from the prevous seller, any reason not to get it from Apple? Thanks.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

They tend to go for around $205-225 shipped on ebay, some more and some less. I'd get the refurb, even if it costs you a few bucks more. It'll be like new and you'll get the full warranty on it.

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I would buy the 16GB refurb right now if I wasn't waiting for the next rev. in September.

4. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

I would get from Apple. You will have a warranty and you know Apple sells quality refurbs. You do not know anything about the ones on eBay, other than they are refurbs/store returns.

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

6. drmario macrumors member

I was also thinking of buying a refurb. How good condition are apple refurbs in though? Like will there be any scratches on the screen or stuff like that?

7. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

It's what you do when you touch your eye. ;)

They're fully guaranteed by Apple. You should have absolutely no problems, and if you do, Apple will cover them.

8. drmario macrumors member

Ok, I just wasn't sure, since sometimes warrenties don't cover 'cosmetic' flaws.

9. bmwpowere36m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

;), meant ipod touch

10. bmwpowere36m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I also have a MBP, so the touch does support synching between calenders on my touch and MBP right?

11. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Assuming you use iCal on your MBP, then certainly! The Touch runs iCal itself built-in.

12. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

13. bmwpowere36m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

+ Tax

14. sunandsurf macrumors regular

just my two cents but i bought my 16 gig touch from apple cuz i didn't wanna take a chance on some guy i didn't know; it's just peace of mind since my touch is covered for a year.

regarding scratches, etc., i don't know if i just got lucky but mine is flawless; you'd never know it from the way it looks.

i went with the 16 gig instead of the 8 cuz it's just a few bucks more and you get double the space; 1 whole gig is taken up by "stuff" so a 16 gig only has 15 gigs of space available.

but in the end, it's your call.