iTouch firewire????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smilinmonki666, Jan 31, 2008.

1. smilinmonki666 macrumors regular

I'm trying to find a FireWire 800 cable for the iTouch to transfer data faster? They were once the main cable, but now I can't find them anywhere? Any reason why this is & have Apple stopped selling these cables?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Because firewire doesn't work with iPods anymore. and I don't think there ever was a firewire 800 cable for the iPod, just firewire 400. and apple dropped firewire a long time ago because the chipset was too big and usb was more compatible with PC's.

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Someone (Belkin?) used to make a firewire 800 iPod cable, to free up your Firewire 400 port on your laptop. However, I don't think it really sped things up, because the iPods only had Firewire 400.

It doesn't really matter any more though, since all of the new iPods (5G and later?) can only charge from Firewire. All syncing of data has to be via USB on these models...

4. smilinmonki666 thread starter macrumors regular

oh, thats a shame as the new firewire comes soon with super speed. Was wondering if they would ever implement it into new products as its an Apple product.