iTouch Frozen! Won't turn off! PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lostandconfused, Mar 11, 2009.

1. lostandconfused macrumors newbie

i just got my itouch yesterday and i was getting ready to go to sleep by listenting to music on my itouch when all of a sudden it froze. it takes me to to the home screen so i unlock it and i try to put my pass code in but nothing comes up. then i tried to turn it off a million times. nothing. and then i tried to enter the code, and all of a sudden my screen goes white. PLEASE please please help. :[​

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Just to check, have you held down the home and power buttons together for 10 seconds?

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

4. Farhibide macrumors newbie

What kind of case are you using?

It's crazy, and lots of people dispute the magnets in the case thing, but I had similar problems with my itouch freezing up. I researched solutions online and tried everything except removing the magnets because I didn't believe it. Nothing worked. Then one day at work I finally got sick of it freezing and cut the magnets out of my case. I have not had this problem since.

If none of these other suggestions work for you, I suggest looking into this before going through the trouble of having your device replaced.