Itouch: have to re-purchase apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nerdgirlreview, Feb 25, 2010.

1. nerdgirlreview macrumors newbie

I have read quite a few of the threads and I am not one to just ask a random question without checking if there is already an answer. but can anyone please help point me in the right direction?

I bought an app for 17.99 from the app store on my itouch. I (regretfully) did not back up the itouch when I turned it in to the apple store. (reason: broken pixels and it was within warrantee = replacement one XD thank you!!) But now I am realizing that I may have to re-purchase the application... Will i have to? even if i have a recipt for it still? I hope that i am missing something VERY obvious.

(i did try re-buying it but it does not give me the option to do so with the app store, of any of the apps i purchased through the itouch) T_T
    can someone please help? thank you.

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

No, you don't have to buy the app again. If you bought the app, most likely you had an itunes account. When you log-in to your itunes account, look at your applications bar for your ipod touch and you should see your $17.99 app. Just sync it all over again;) Hope that helps. ;)

3. vitavo macrumors member

I believe he is asking what to do if the app wasn't synced to iTunes. The app store knows you already downloaded it, and if I remember correctly when you try to buy it again it will simply tell you you already purchased this app and ask if you would like to download it again free of charge.

I do not speak from personal experience though...

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

You are correct just start to buy it again, and it will say you have bought it already. Download it free.
    I do it often.

5. samh macrumors 6502

It has always worked that way for me.

6. mattydee87 macrumors regular

I can confirm that, I always do it with my apps. One day I might remove an app. Then another day I may be somewhere and want/need it back but don't have my laptop with me so I simply click buy it and it pops up saying I have already purchased this app so it will download it for free.

Shame Apple doesn't let you do this with music/movies or the iPod touch OS upgrade... back in the day!