iTOUCH HeLP. CaNT be More SpecifiC

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouchitbringit, Jan 11, 2010.

1. itouchitbringit macrumors newbie

whats up everyonee :eek:

I recently got a 2nd Gen iTouch from my friend and it hasnt done anything but work perfectly...

The other day i played it till it ran out of battery and now when i connect it to my itunes i keep getting thiss... i attached a word doc with a photo...

and then also on the screen of the ipod i keep gettin the picture with the USB with an arrow pointing to iTUNES....

:confused:

Would greatlyyyy appreciatee the help.. thankssss

2. itouchitbringit thread starter macrumors newbie

well i dont see the attachment but on my computer screen in itunes it keeps saying this...

"iTunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode.... you must restore this ipod yada yada yada..."

and ive restored the ipod a couple times and i still keep gettin this message and still on my ipod it keeps showin the picture of the USB to iTUNES...

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but it cant piss you off that much to answer it againnn can it??

lol thanks guysssssss

:)

3. mathlete123 macrumors member

Jailbroken?

Is the Ipod jailbroken? If so, it might be on a tethered jailbreak, in which case (ask your friend) you need to boot using a specific program.

4. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have to completely agree. I had to read it three times in order for my eyes to not skip around... :confused:

But yeah OP it sounds like it was jailbroken via a tethered jailbreak. I'd ask your friend about that.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The title looks like a cut and paste ransom note.

7. itouchitbringit thread starter macrumors newbie

uhhhhhhh. sry that was so hard for you guys to read or understand... idk why...

nopee the ipod has not been jailbroken... definitely dont know what the heck is up....

thanks for ur help eawmp1............. not.

but seriously i do appreciate the help everyonee. wish i could get this thing workin..

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

9. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Are you absolutely sure it hasn't been jailbroken? Because that sounds exactly like a tethered jailbreak. Although if it's a 2G iPod touch, the jailbreak shouldn't be tethered, anyway...

Anyway, try downloading blackra1n and running it while your iPod is plugged in. If it boots, then you're set. Keep blackra1n around in case it happens again.

If nothing else works, you may just have to restore the iPod with the latest firmware.

10. knightlie macrumors 6502a

It's because they speak English.