Itouch Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GottiJr, Sep 13, 2008.

1. GottiJr macrumors newbie

Hi guys, just found this forum. Lookin for some help with my new touch...and no I dont have the new 2G. I got my touch last week (my first apple product) for my birthday and my dad doesnt know much about ipods.....but makes no difference to me Im really enjoying my new Touch. I still think the 1G is cool........
    Im running 1.15 software I believe. I was thinking about getting the 2.1 but read about some problems people are having. Maybe someone can shed light on this and wether I should update or not. but......

Anyway, to my question...I was just wondering how you go about changing the wallpaper on my touch? I dont want to use the 28 images they give you ...I was hoping to change it to something cooler. I would greatly appreciate it if ya can point me in the right direction. Thankyou in advance.

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Shell out the $10 for 2.1. Best thing you can do. 2.1 is the best thing that ever happened to the touch, very responsive and way less issues. I believe if you go to photos on your touch you can put one of them as your wallpaper (will only show up when you wake up your touch)

3. GottiJr thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks for responding. ok Ive read on my itunes about the 2.1. Some stuff I dont understand but Im not a computer wiz soo....but anyway....is there anything else thats really cool about the 2.1 that they may not have mentioned. I'll get it...but does this allow me to change my wallpaper easily? I just want to dress this thing up alittle ...lolololl

4. sgtboy macrumors 6502

You can easily change your wallpaper without 2.1. But please if you have any questions I would be glad to answer

Well you get the app store with 2.1, access to TONS of free and nonfree apps, many of which are incredibly useful

5. GottiJr thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i would like to bring photos over from my computer to my touch.. but it seems like it wants to bring all the photos over...is there anyway to just bring one photo over? Im gettin the 2.1 in a bit here...

oh the apps...I thought I can access them thru itunes and just bring them over to the touch ...can i? or am I mistaken? thanks for your time.

6. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Then what you need to do is make a folder that is just the pictures you want and tell Itunes to use that folder. You can only sync a whole folder, not just a picture here and there (which would be nice)

You need 2.1 either way to use the App store on either your computer or your touch. Basically you can use it on either, download right on the touch, or on your computer and plug in your touch to download it. If you download on touch it will put on computer when you plug in

7. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

8. GottiJr thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i got the photo i want on my touch to use as wallpaper..my question is i set it as my wallpaper..but what really is the point of the wallpaper if you dont see it for more than maybe 2 secs..before it goes to the icon screen. i thought it would be behind my icons.

9. sgtboy macrumors 6502

10. GottiJr thread starter macrumors newbie