Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellomacguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
hey everyone I'v run into a bit of trouble with an itouch, here's my story.

I recently bought a first gen itouch off ebay(I perfer the first gens physicle design, fits in my hand better). foolishly I decided to buy a untested one, expecting it to work fine. when it arrived it was in recovery mode. unfortunatly when I try to recover the ipod I get error 28,1604, and maybe one or two others. I believe the previous owners tried to jailbreak the ipod and something whent wrong. the ipod is now in DFU mode.

I have tried numerous jailbreak apps(ifuntastic,INdependence,ZIPhone, etc)

I ave tried restoring and jailbreaking on both win and mac but neither do anyting. I have tried shift+restore but this hasnt worked either. I just want this ipod to boot and run aps jailbroken or not. either way I'd be fine with it being jailbroken, I just want to make this thing work.

can anbody help me?

SeverinK

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Hey I had somewhat of the same problem just a couple hours ago I was trying to jailbreak my ipod touch 2G and it got stuck in DFU mode what i did was hold down the power and home buttons until the ipod reset itself, once it rebooted it displayed a blank white screen, so i rebooted on more time and POOF :eek:, fixed :)

hope that helps;)

lol im such a noob with all my emoticons

:apple:sev:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.