iTouch January Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cubana84, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cubana84 macrumors newbie

Hi Guyz!

I seem to be having trouble with my January iTouch upgrade. I recently (actually this morning) downloaded the new software and I seem to be having some issues. I have the new icons (mail, weather, etc.) on my iTouch, but I cannot access them at all. Even when I am in a wireless area, when I click on say, weather, the new screen does not upload and it tells me that the upgrade failed or cannot upgrade.

Have any of you had this problem? I am pretty new with Apple, so I am not quite sure how to fix these things!! So any help would be greatly appreciated:)

2. Bajie macrumors newbie

Hiya

You're the same as me.
    After upgrading I had to buy the new aps through the iTunes store then when I sync'd the icons were working.

Hope this Helps.

B

3. Cubana84 thread starter macrumors newbie

iTouch uprade

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean you had to pay more than the $20 upgrade by actually purchasing the icons from the itunes store??

4. yawnyj macrumors member

The icons should have been installed with the upgrade. You don't have to pay for them again. Did you mean you upgraded itunes, or that you purchased the upgrade to your ipod? It sounds like you upgraded the ipod. Did you resync it after you purchased the upgrade? If so, it sounds like something went wrong, and I would contact apple support. When I did mine first I had to upgrade itunes, and then I purchased the upgrade after getting the new itunes. I hope this helps.