Itouch passoword problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chicken459, Mar 6, 2008.

1. chicken459 macrumors newbie

i just bought an itouch and cannot remember the password i set on it for the life of me. I tried the usual address and phone numbers that i would use and everything. I am wondering how i would just reset or reformat my itouch. or just any way i can fix this. thanks for your help

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

3. chicken459 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea tryin to restore it through itunes didnt work. it asked for my password which i obviously dont have. is that the only way to fix this problem

4. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

restoring it is the only way, it resets the whole ipod, so you couldn't have done it right

5. chicken459 thread starter macrumors newbie

right as i plugged it into my pc it asked for me to enter the password on the ipod before i could do anything. the ipod didnt even show up on itunes.

6. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

do a recovery mode restore.

home+sleep until apple logo shows again, then release sleep, keep holding down home until the connect to iTunes graphic shows.

7. chicken459 thread starter macrumors newbie

even if i did do that isnt it goning to ask me for the password before i can do anything. it says itunes cold not connect with ipod because it is locked with a passcode you must enter the passcode on your ipod before you can access it through itunes.

8. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

well im not sure, you will never know till you try will you

9. chicken459 thread starter macrumors newbie

o i mean i tried its not doing anything. should it be plugged in while doing this and should it be off or on at the password screen

10. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

11. chicken459 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok
    so i did that and the apple screen was up for a really long time then it just took me to the password screen again. it didnt bypass it and go directly to restore.

12. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I actually have no more ideas, you will have to ring up apple support and ask them sorry mate