iTouch Photo File Lost

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by user94, Jan 10, 2009.

1. user94 macrumors newbie

The problem basically started out because my computer broke down, and we needed to get all our files saved onto a disk. We got a new computer, but the disk which was storing all my files for my ipod -including the music and photo files- got lost. So I decided I would just download iTunes again, and put all the music on it from the CD's again. However, when I downloaded iTunes again, the file which should contain the photos (which, if I am correct, should be located in the *My Pictures folder) did not appear. I cannot figure out how to get this file to appear or how to make a new one or if it is even possible... Does anyone know how to fix this? Cause I would really like to put pictures on my iTouch again. :(

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I assume you are using a PC? You mentioned a "My Pictures" folder. This is a default folder that Windows sets up on your hard drive, along with folders like "My Documents," "My Videos," etc. Did you make a backup of those folders? If you have the backup, copy the files from the backup onto your new computer's hard drive. If you don't have a backup, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid your pictures are gone. iTunes doesn't manage your pictures -- it just copies them from the "My Pictures" folder (or any other folder that you select) and put them on your iPod.