Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Need advice please. Has anyone had difficulty with NTL e-mail and Itouch. I have set the required information on the iTouch correctly with the details supplied by NTL ISP but it will not connect always stating that the user name or password is incorrect. This is not the case as all the required details are correct and I checked with details on "email accounts" on my PC. I took my iTouch to the Apple Store in Kingston ( where I had purchased it before Xmas) and it has puzzled them as it would not connect through the Store WiFi.The assistant who tried many times before giving up, excused himself saying that he had other customers and had not a clue. So if anyone has had a similar experience would appreciate solving this problem please. It maybe a duff iTouch although I could obtain the Internet through Safari OK and Google maps.

DavidS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
iTouch problem with NTL

After much effort and ensuring that all the settings and advanced settings were correct, suddenly the NTL (Virgin Media) account was verified and all working correctly and efficiently. It required considerable patience to keep typing in the details and ensuring that by trial and error it eventually worked. Life could be made simpler I am sure. Thanks to all who assisted in a separate thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.