iTouch problems (needing to restore frequently)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ghall, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I haven't even had my iTouch more than a couple days and I've had to restore it twice, both times because it would get stuck on the boot screen after adding or removing apps. Is this a common problem, or should I call Apple?

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm having similar problems Ghall. I'm using a limited number of apps that I can at the moment and am completely steering clear of the mobile app store (it's locked my touch every time I've used it). Hopefully a firmware update is in the pipeline that will restore the stability to pre-2.0 levels. You're certainly not alone with a locking touch since 2.0 but it couldn't hurt to ring apple ane let them know your frustrations.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully 2.1 will fix these issues, which should have been fixed in 2.0.1, never mind ever having existed in the first place.

Anyway, I recommend NOT installing Aurora Feint, that seemed to be the start of my serious troubles.

4. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Same here!!! Driving me NUTS!!! Either I am restoring my iPhone or my touch or my wifes touch or here iPhone!!! This is turning into a full time job!!!:mad: Oh Ya and now my kid wants a touch for birthday. I need to hire some kid just to keep it all working. I hope 2.1 has some "ifixs"